Friday, February 1, 2013

Zombie Envy is up at Flashes in the Dark

A member of staff at the Angels Fancy Dress shop works in their Shaftsbury Avenue branch 
in a Halloween costume, Oct. 28, 2011 in London, England. (Oli Scarff/Getty Images)
 I got the word rather late last night that one of my stories had been accepted, so here's the official announcement that my story Zombie Envy up at Flashes in the Dark along with a lot of other great, short horror fiction.


Since zombies are pretty overplayed right now, I wanted to try to write a story that came at the subject from a little different angle. I got to wondering about how much the undead might retain as far as, if not memory, perhaps old habits. That and the idea that old relationships can sometimes kind of shamble on in our hearts in an undead way. I really had fun writing this one. Be warned, it's a little gross because - zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment